Monday, March 11, 2013

San Antonio for the weekend

Last Friday I left THIS for this:
THE ALAMO
This was my first trip to San Antonio, Texas so of course I had to go see The Alamo
In the Alamo compound

Outside the Shrine entrance 
Of course I forgot to take a good picture of the front of the building, and by the time I remembered I didn't feel like fighting my way back through that crowd. There were a bunch of reenacters in front of the building. I even got to see Davy Crockett (and his five twin brothers).
The best part about Texas? They have FLOWERS right now! Flowers!! In March! And no snow. 
I also set aside plenty of time to walk along the famous Riverwalk. 
This Chihuly look alike was hanging in a hotel off the Riverwalk, I had to stop and take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment