Sunday, July 7, 2013

Phair, Pink Lemonade Flowers, and Mounted Police

Last weekend we took a long walk along the Schuylkill River and ended up at Phair, a small flea market with a few food trucks on the river banks. It was too hot to stay for very long but we made sure to sample some pork belly bao buns and korean tacos on our way out.
Phair on the Schuylkill Banks


On our way home we passed on of my favorite gardens in Philly, a teeny strip of land near the Boy Scouts of America Headquarters at Van Pelt and Winter Streets.  


I call it the pink lemonade garden because of the gorgeous yellow and hot pink flowers. 


These bloom s replaced some lovely royal purple spring flowers. I hope I can learn to garden this well! At a recent library book sale I picked up a guide to container gardening but haven't had a chance to read it yet.  


That evening we met up with a few friends in Old City for a drink. On our way there we passed these horse cops patrolling the NEIGH-borhood (sorry, I had to).  
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment