Monday, July 11, 2011

Veggie Hot Dogs

After talking with friends and trying to be health conscious for a few months, I decided to give vegetarian hot dogs a shot. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the occasional Nathan's or Hebrew National dog but I figured I might as well give them a try.

I used a panini press grill to cook the dogs. I cooked them for about 4 minutes, 2 on each side until they were a little charred and sizzly.

I paired my dogs with shelled edamame, baby carrots, Sabra's delicious roasted pine nut hummus and TONS of yellow mustard.

So how did my taste test go? Not bad! The taste was okay, a little bland maybe. The biggest downfall of the veggie dog is probably the bite. A regular hot dog should have a little "crunch" or "pop" when you bite through the casing. These were a little... chewy? Maybe? I'm not sure what the right word would be. I give them about a 3 out of 5. Stay tuned for a veggie sausage review!

No comments:

Post a Comment